Dance Studio Etiquette, Privacy, and Copyright Policies
Dance Studio Etiquette Policy
Appropriate Attire – NO ATHLETIC SHORTS. NO BAGGY T-SHIRTS. HAIR MUST BE PULLED BACK AND SECURED!
- Creative Movement: Movement-friendly clothing (street clothes or dancewear), bare feet (to enhance exploration of balance), or Ballet shoes purchased from WDS (no drawstrings).
- Ballet/Pre-Dance: Pink Ballet shoes purchased from WDS (no drawstring), solid-color leotard, and tights. Skirts are optional.
- Pointe: Solid-color leotard, no shorts, pink convertible tights, and pointe shoes. Hair in a secure bun.
- Combo Class (Ballet/Jazz or Ballet/Tap): Leotard and tights with skirt and/or boy shorts. Ballet & Jazz (black) or Ballet & Tap (black) shoes are required.
- Jazz: Leotard and tights. Boy shorts, skirts, or skorts are optional. Jazz shoes (black 1st-2nd / tan 3rd-12th).
- Tap: Leotard and tights. Boy shorts, skirts, or skorts are optional. Black tap shoes.
- Lyrical: Leotard and footless tights. Lyrical shoes (tan jazz shoes).
- Hip Hop: Non-marking white tennis shoes (tread must be clean and free from mud and rocks), form-fitting, movement-friendly clothing that covers knees.
Attendance: Students are expected to attend classes regularly and on time.
Second Semester: Students missing two consecutive classes will need to pay for a private lesson to learn missed recital choreography.
Conduct: Students are asked to be polite and courteous to each other and the teachers. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. No gum, food, or beverages are allowed in the studio.
Any information shared with Washington Dance Studio is under certain privacy provisions. Information shared with Washington Dance Studio will be handled by our organization and not shared, sold, or reproduced. Washington Dance Studio will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Washington Dance Studio to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
All media (downloaded or samples), software, text, images, graphics, user interfaces, music, videos, photographs, trademarks, logos, artwork, and other content on this website (collectively known as " Content"), including but not limited to the design, selection, arrangement, and coordination of such Content on this site, are owned or licensed by or to Washington Dance Studio and is protected by copyright, trade dress, and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights laws.
Copyright is the intangible property right granted by Federal statute for an original work fixed in a tangible form of expression. Copyright provides Washington Dance Studio with the following exclusive rights in a work: to reproduce, to prepare derivative works, to distribute by sale or otherwise, to perform publicly, and to display publicly. Federal Law prohibits any unauthorized use of Washington Dance Studio copyrights without the prior written consent of Washington Dance Studio.